Sunday 6 November 2016

Captive - Chapter Five

Hi everyone,

Time for the next chapter of Captive and Hermione's gone to Malfoy Manor to see if she wants the librarian job Lucius offered her. Will she take it?


Only a short post here this week as I'm in the middle of trying to catch up with my NaNoWriMo word count. Before 9pm it was standing at 0 words in 5 days, now, almost 4 hours later it's at 3,443. That means I only need to write another 4,890 words tonight and I'm back on target (probably not going to happen as it's already almost 1am).

If this NaNoWriMo is anything like the other 8 I've done I'll probably do about 10,000 words by the end of this weekend and then do nothing for the rest of the month. I'll then spend the last weekend of the month working frantically to get the other 40,000 words done before the deadline of 30 November. Will I make it? Who knows. I have most years. I think there's only been 3 years when I didn't make the 50,000 words on time, which isn't bad going.

If nothing else, it gives me a good start to a new story, although whether it will get finished or not is another matter - I'm still working on last year's story which is now over 90,000 words.

If you're doing NaNoWriMo then good luck! If you're not, why not? Challenge yourself. It's fun - honestly it is.

Until next week.

Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment