Sunday 25 December 2016

Worth the Wait (The clean version)

Note: Spoiler alert at the bottom of the page (for those who want to read the story first)


Merry Christmas everybody.

Hopefully by now you've stuffed yourself full of food and drink or are preparing to do so and Santa has presented you with the gifts of your dreams, or if you're not celebrating a festival of any sort you're enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday. He brought me the illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, so I'm a very happy girl this evening.

In what's becoming something of a tradition for me, I wanted to post a Christmassy story on FanFiction.net as a little gift but have been a bit too tied up with work and other real life stuff to come up with anything new. That was when I realised that the Hermione/Percy epic love story from earlier this year is definitely a Christmas tale and was ripe for conversion. 

It was originally posted on AFF.Org as it contained a few scenes that were definitely far too explicit for general consumption. I have therefore rewritten the story a little, to remove the smut, and have now posted the complete story where everyone can see it.

If you didn't read it before now is the perfect opportunity to settle back and do so.




I hope you enjoy the story and accept it as my Christmas gift to you. Also, don't forget to check out my other Christmas stories - Mistletoe, No Man's Land, Seven Kisses and Under the Mistletoe.

As ever reviews are appreciated.

One of my kind readers has suggested that I post on Archive of Our Own (or AO3 as I think it's better known) as they feel it would give my stories better coverage. Obviously, I want as many people as possible to read what I'm writing and sadly I rarely get the quantity of reviews that draw people into my stories however complimentary those reviews are, so I am open to anything that might further my reach. I have therefore applied for an account, which I am hoping might be granted to me tomorrow. 

I need to read the rules on what can and can't be posted but if, as seems to be the case, I can post all the stuff I've written so far, I'll upload all my stories there and see if it gains me any new readers.

All future stories will continue to be posted on the various sites I've always used but will also be posted on AO3 and the appropriate links will be posted on here. 

Until next time, when it's time for the last part of Captive, I wish you a good week.

Dx






*SPOILER*



This is the ring Percy gave Hermione - beautiful, isn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment