Sunday 13 August 2017

Family - Part One - Chapter One

Evening all,

It's relatively early for me, which is good as I'm not feeling great and really need to go to bed shortly.

As promised before my holiday, this week sees the start of a major new story called FamilyIt includes a chapter I once posted on both FF.Net and Lumos under the title ‘The Children’ (now removed). It was a snippet of a much larger idea for a story I hadn’t yet written and wasn’t sure if I ever would. I have changed the chapter considerably, but it now forms part of this story; this is just a warning in case you read the original and get a sense of deja vu.

It starts in the school holidays between Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows and follows Hermione as she adjusts to life with a new family after Death Eaters kill her parents. But who is the mysterious person who saved her life and promised to look after her?

‘Don’t worry, my sweet, I’ll look after you.’ These words should have been a comfort to Hermione, grieving after the murder of her parents by Death Eaters. Instead, they signalled the start of a terror far worse. 

WARNING: This story involves non-consensual behaviour and the consequences of such acts including self-harm, suicidal behaviour and alcoholism. Please do not read if this is likely to be a trigger or if you find such descriptions disturbing. Dx

I have taken a chance and posted this on FF.Net because although it deals with disturbing subject matter it isn't particularly graphic; most of the really nasty scenes are left to the imagination. I, therefore, believe that this sits under the site's 'M' rating, which I think means you can read it if you're over sixteen.

I very much hope you enjoy the story and would love to receive reviews, kudos and comments.




I'll see you next week for chapter two; by which time I hope I'm feeling significantly recovered.

Dx 

No comments:

Post a Comment