Sunday 22 October 2017

Family - Part Three - Chapter Two

Morning everyone,

I've managed middle ground this week - not too early, not too late (for me at least).

I was surprised by some of the comments I received last week as I thought I had made it pretty clear who Sophie's father was, but in case you were still in any doubt this week should clear it up for you.

This week Hermione goes to visit Sophie's father and then, in one of those time jumps of about five years, finds herself spiralling into depression again. But as I promised no more relentless misery and pain for her (I did say that, didn't I?) she's got a plan to get herself back on track . . . whether it's a good one or not remains to be seen, but at least she's got something to think about other than how terrible her life is (which it isn't really by now although with her mood the way it is she's finding it hard to see that).


As always comments, reviews and kudos are always appreciated. I particularly love hearing your thoughts about what I'm doing with Hermione, so thanks for interacting.


As I mentioned last week, I went to see Harry Potter: A History of Magic at the British Library this week, which was an excellent mix of rare books, draft manuscripts, pictures, artefacts and interactive activities such as potion-making (and there's a painting of Severus Snape on display, always a bonus). It was an extremely interesting and educational exhibition and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the ideas and folklore that underpins Harry's world, although it might not be of that much interest to much younger readers, who might find it too much reading and not enough interacting.

Also recommended is the Booking Office, which is about five minutes walk away in St Pancreas Station, and is currently serving Harry Potter themed cocktails (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), including hot Butterbeer.    

Have a good week.

Dx




   



No comments:

Post a Comment